The Rose Centre
The Rose Centre is now open at Oxford Road Community Centre (site of the old Battle Hospital).
The Centre is a place where women who have experienced FGM can access support and where necessary, onward referral to services. There will be support from local communities, local experts on the subject of FGM as well as Specialist Obs/Gynae Registrar providing clinical advice and support.
The service is a once a month drop-in at Oxford Road Community Centre –women can just drop-in – however, specific referrals from GPs, health services and other professionals will also be accepted
The Centre covers the whole of the West of Berkshire, however no woman will be turned away.
- Community engagement and awareness
- FGM: information, advice and support
- Expert clinical assessment and treatment
Clients will be able to access the following support and services:
- Informal drop in sessions for women, peer support, tea and cake, crafts in a safe and friendly atmosphere
- Monthly clinic on site with a doctor
- Monthly empowerment and up-skilling workshops – employment, immigration advice etc…
- Information, advice and support for anyone who has a query or concern about FGM
- Engagement with communities to increase awareness of the dangers about FGM
If FGM has affected you or someone you know, please come along to our support group.
Who to contact
- Contact Name: Victoria Hunter
- Telephone: 07903 675676 / 0118 951 0279
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.acre-reading.org
Where to go
- Name: Community Centre (Old Gatehouse Battle Hospital site)
Time / Date Details
1st Friday of the month; 9am to 12.30pm