This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.
 

Next Meeting

Monday 10 October 2013, 7pm


Minutes of meeting 2 September 2013

Attending: JW, VH, AS, HE, IB

Apologies: RB &

Minutes from last meeting (5.6.13) were approved.

Matters arising

The meeting agreed a “business” like card would be a better way to inform patients of the PRG (Patient Reference Group). HE to take forward

Practice Leaflet

HE thanked IB for updating the practice leaflet. The strap line was discussed and agreed. This will be added at the top of the page under the surgery name and will be. Your Caring Practice. Caring to be in italics.

Practice Survey

It was decided that the section on referrals will be taken out of this years survey. All agreed that the order very dissatisfied to very satisfied needs to be the other way round. The heading to be changed; logo on left hand side and add strap line.

The members feel few changes are needed so that it will be easier to see trends/progress and make comparisons from last year's results.

There was a discussion over using Mailchimp to communicate with PRG members, and Survey Monkey to conduct surveys. It was decided not to use the Wokingham Area PPG's paid Survey Monkey account.

VH is going to have a look at the website and amalgamate/merge txt on the “get involved” page and our PRG tab.

JW will collate the survey again this year, possibly with help from VH. It was decided that handing it out at the practice works. Receptionists are happy to do this. VH will come in and print them off and number ready for hand out. RB & VH will be asked if they are willing to come in once the survey has finished and as last year check the surveys and any comments.

No date has been set yet.

CQC

Each practice is to get a CQC visit at some point. 48 hours notice will be given. HE asked if a PPG member could be present as this is a requirement by the CQC.

CQC will want to talk with patients as well as staff.

All agreed they can be contacted and will come in if available.

Health watch Wokingham

HE had received an email from Nicholas Durman who has been appointed as the new Health Watch officer for the Wokingham Borough. (2.9.13)

She replied the same day as he was asking to engage with practices and patients to raise local awareness of the health watch. He would like an opportunity to capture views of patients. HE felt it was a good idea to invite him to attend the PPG meeting however his reply was a little confusing as he asked what the PPG would like him to talk about. There has not been any other correspondence since.

This may be something that will be taken up by the Wokingham PPG Forum. JW will report back.

AOB

AS gave the members another email to use for him

Reception have been made aware that the drain pipe has been vandalised

VH gave very good feed back about Heatherwood and Bracknell Hospitals

HE asked views on another person joining the group? It was decided to make contact. AS happy to interview.  

Meeting closed at 8.15

Next meeting agreed Thursday 10th October 2013


Minutes of meeting 5 June 2013

Attending: JW, VH, AS, HE, AP

Apologies: RB & IB

New Member

HE welcomed a new member to the group. AP.

Leaflet Drop

It was agreed that another leaflet drop is needed. VH and AS are happy to do this. The practice manager will print another batch of leaflets.

The new housing proposed for the area was discussed and it is thought a good idea to have a leaflet in the new homes pack.

HE to talk with builders nearer the time.

Web Site

The practice has gone live with the new website. burmahillssurgery.nhs.uk

A huge thank you to JW for the hard work in getting this off the ground

RB photos are also added.

A question over using Mail Chimp was raised and will be discussed again at the next meeting

Celebration of 10 years

It was thought the best way forward would to be “goody bags” given out for the week of July 24th.

Several suggestions for items were discussed.

Can go to printers in town to add logo to items -  Jay’s.  Possible contents:

  • Pen
  • Surgery Leaflet
  • News letter
  • Fluffy toy

Other ideas:

Try Google office gifts.

Celebration cake.

Photo shoot

Carers

The practice needs to identify patients who are carers or have a carer. A survey will be given out during the summer months. These will be left at reception. 

Carer’s information is asked for on the practice “new patient registration form”.

HE to make reception staff aware carers need to fill in details so the practice can take into consideration any difficulties with making appointments at certain times of the day. i.e. when person cared for is at day centre etc.

Strap line

The PPG have been trying to think of a “strap line” so far the general feeling

is “your caring practice”

AOB

JW: practice needs box for PPG forms. HE to take forward

HE: practice needs to add information to overhead in reception to keep patients informed.

Meeting closed at 8.30


Minutes 23 April 2013, 7pm

Attending

JW, VH, AS, HE, RB, IB

Minutes to follow


Minutes 11 March 2013, 7pm

Attending

JW, VH, AS, HE

Apologies

IB, RB

Web site

There are a few typing errors that need correcting before the web site goes live. HE has set up the generic email address for patients to use from the web site to

contact the practice or send surveys/new patient forms etc.

The group are trying to decide a 3 word “strap line”.

The reception staff will need to look at the web site daily. It was felt that this should be early morning, lunch time and as late in the day as possible.

Survey

The reception team have been handing out surveys for the last 2 weeks. The uptake looks good as we have improved on numbers this year.

It was agreed that this will finish on Thursday 14th March. JW will collate the information and present to the group ready for publication by 31.3.2013

It was agreed that the survey should start sooner next year. Perhaps September/October.

PRG Group

The PPG/Practice need to set up a PRG (Patient Reference Group) HE has collected email addresses and has passed them to JW.

Sign up forms for the PRG will be handed out once the survey has been completed.

Wokingham PPG

JW attended the meeting at Woosehill surgery for the Wokingham wide PPG.

Practices are being encouraged to use Survey Monkey.

It is felt that the same core questions can be on this survey for all practices.

Burma Hills would still like to run our own as well as survey monkey.

It was felt that this gives the practice a better measure of performance. The practice can monitor where changes are made or have been made using data from previous years.

Health care session for long term conditions

AS attended the health care session. This was facilitated by an independent organisation.

The purpose was to look at life quality and identify where improvement is needed for long term conditions in Berkshire West.

AS feed back to the meeting on how this session was run.

  1. There were discussions on focus/support groups being set up
  2. How information is given to patients with long term conditions
  3. Access to specialist groups
  4. Knowledge of condition

Meeting closed at 8.15


Minutes 7 February 2013, 7pm

To follow


Minutes 22 November 2012, 7pm

Attending

JW, IB, VH, AS, HE, RB

Web site

All looking good, few alterations are needed. Julie Heywood’s name is spelt wrong.

It was felt that we need to add contact details; staff photos would be good.

HE to ask staff

RB willing to come to the practice to take the photos

The meeting discussed a practice newsletter. Burma Hills has produced one in the past and maybe this need reviving

Wokingham PPG

The Wokingham area PPG Forum meeting is Thursday 29th. JW will be attending and giving a shortpresentation on Burma Hills PPG. She has drafted her talk and read this out to the meeting. All agreed this was good and wished her luck.

A.O.B.

IB mentioned the defects that are starting to appear at the surgery such as the broken skylight window, tiles on roof and the broken gate. All these are known to the Dr and practice manager.

HE mentioned that the practice will need a ramp at the back of the premises, however because of vandalism it would not be a good idea NOT to have a permanent concrete one. The group advised on where the mobility company have now moved to (was located near Wokingham station) and the Wokingham volunteer group contacts.

Meeting closed 8.45 pm

 
Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website